Sunday, February 13, 2011

Lippos, Luckies, Labs?: Lip paint experiments with one extra surprize.

Wow another post?! Before you freak out and think I may actually be keeping up on this, calm down. I'm not nearly that active! I just got seriously bored last night and entertained myself (and a few others on facebook!) with some lip paint experiments.

So, Back story... I stumble sometimes. As in, www.stumbleupon.com .
And a while back i stumbled upon a list of pictures of REALLY CUTE lips with creatures and animals on them, also of nails. I shared this with some of the girls, and someone sent me to another site of the lip paints girl! ( http://www.inewidea.com/2011/02/08/36793.html )
Point is, Last night upon reaching a certain level of bored. I deemed it necessary to dupe the crab. So I did!


I used a strange mix of MSC awesomesauce, a glitter adhesive, and pigments (MSC Boognish, the mayor, and a random non msc red) before landing on mixing in lip gloss too. I used liquid liner for the eyes.


I then also realized, with no offense meant to the girl who did these, that I did not enjoy her hippo. Hippos are by far my MOST favorite animal EVAR. I then did my own version!


Again, mixed awesome sauce with some glitter adhesive, mixed in a bit of gloss too. More AS this time though. Used MSC pigments in Pixie, Electric Koolaid, and Mondo. Black liquid liner. (and some celery leaf for prop.)

Then my dear friend, Jackie "QR" Queen Ruler of The Universe suggested a duck, I had not seen a duck on the lip paint page. So naturally I did it. She is Queen Ruler after all. And we submitted it to Antiduckface.com for shits and giggles ;)


This time I used NYX milk for the yellow part, and patted MSC Blister in the Sun over. Then used Boognish and gloss for the lips, accenting with an Estee Lauder Lipstick in Fig.


I also felt the need to dupe a Hello Kitty look we found somewhere I can not remember. So here that is!


The photo lists it, but its too small. I used NYX milk, and did not pat or blend. Outlined with a hard black pencil liner, patted on MSC Tweaker, used a random red for the bow, and MSC BitS mixed with another random yellow for the nose. Re-outlined with UD 24/7 liner. Then lined my lid and did the eyes with felt tip liner.


Whats next eh? Octopus? Cow? =P


♥ Brandy MMB ♥

5 comments:

  1. Dude that is crazy! I am sitting here laughing my ass off!! The crab was awesome!!! Loved your hello kitty too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I know, you should have seen me making the faces. It took SO MANY shots just to get these, I couldn't stop laughing for the life of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids asked to see this like 10 times today!! You are a nanny right?? LOL You should entertain the kids with these lips!!!!! Seriously the crab one where you are smiling is too much. I am laughing again LOL. I think whenever I am in a bad mood I will come and look at this. You should do more!!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!!! Your look better than hers :X sorry but it's true! <3 it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christina, I am! lol I should dude! Hes a little young to get it though. 18 months. hed prob just try to eat my face and get covered in lipstick! =P

    Aw thanks The Swan in.me! I think its because she uses paints, and I use makeup. She has some seriously cool ones though! I talked to her on deviantart. I can link you if you like!? She just did this jaguar... unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete