Friday, February 11, 2011

NEW HAIR! Black and White Bases. And a Drawn up soon to be shown Tutorial Teaser.

HAI GAIIIIIZ! =]
Ohhkay. So. Like I said, Back in semi sorta action. Kinda. I'm still getting in the swing of things, I forget I even have one of these!

POINT! I recently changed hair colors again. Pictures to follow this bit. I had pravana orange and magenta in, faded quite an awful lot, and atleast 2 months of roots. I bleached the roots and a little below, and picked my colors! Back to Special Effects. I liked pravanas staying power I can not deny it did stick like crazy! However, Cons: It faded unevenly for whatever reason (not just where i used products), ITS NOT AS COOL. Plain and simple. Pravana Vivids, though are indeed vivid and bright. ARE NOT as multidimensional. They are flat, not dull, but flat indeed.
So anywhoozer, I went back to SFX. I chose this round to again use Atomic Pink, A little bit here and there of Hi octane/Napalm orange mix, and some accents of Wildflower.
PLEASE NOTE: It looks reddish because i put pink over existing faded orange. As it lightens it will be more pink.
Enjoy.





And now that Blogger is being weird with my pictures. Moving on!

I hear a lot of "What exactly is a black and white base? How does one do that?" and "HUH?!" Even though there are many you tube tuts out there. I have some pictures to share of last nights look. Using Madd Style Cosmetics (UIS White, Mr Roboto, Non ms silver, UIS Med Gray, A non ms black, Frankenstein, Ecto Cooler)
Not really step by step, but chunk by chunk, just to show you all what a black and white base looks like in general, and how the look is over top of that.
In this case I used it to keep my white and silvers BRIGHT and to darken my black. I used NYX pencils over UDPP. Milk and Black Bean. I also put MSC Awesomesauce (foiling serum) over top of my bases to foil my pigments and make them more metallic. Also to keep that glitter on!


Just Bases. Pat to blend. Patted on and Blended Pigments



Finished Look. MSC Subzero over a similar Base.

See how in the look, it accentuates the vibrancy? And then in the last photo, it makes it appear as if I am wearing more than one shade? When in reality, I just did that base, and patted Subzero (and white and blue duochrome!) all over the lid from brow to lashline.
Last photo to share is just a teaser. A cell phone shot of the drawing i did to assist in my next photo tutorial instead of the usual me pic. ;)




♥ Brandy MMB ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment